Thanks to the Internet, over 80% of consumers now research business products and services online before making a purchase decision. Therefore, if your business doesn't have an online presence, chances are you may be missing out on opportunities to be considered when your ideal buyers are in the “buying window”.
At the goal line
Thoughts and opinions on sales, marketing, social media, digital content, technology and social business.
Today, social media is a marketing necessity for every business. Today's customers want to engage with their favourite companies and social media is the way to connect with them.
Did You Know? Globally there are 2.56 billion mobile social media users which equals to a whopping 34% penetration; with 1 million new and active mobile social users joining in every day. (Source: WeAreSocial)
The question for businesses today is “how do you make sure that your efforts are reaching your target audience and having an impact?” The answer can be found by analyzing your data. Analytics track who interacts with your content, where they come from, and how long they engage. Understanding “Key Performance Indicators” or KPIs can help you to tweak your campaigns to better reach your target market with the information they're seeking and grow your business.
KPIs go much farther than simply tracking the number of “likes” or “shares” of your content. Here are some important KPIs to watch:
- Follower Count – Checking total followers and fans on each platform is the most obvious way to determine reach.
- Impressions – This one is complicated, but seeing how many times your posts showed up on a timeline or newsfeed indicates how many times people “could” connect with your brand. A higher number is better.
- Web Traffic – The amount of traffic to your site is crucial for measuring a social media campaign’s effectiveness. If you see lots of reach and engagement but little-increased traffic, it's time to look at your CTAs.
- Clicks – Simple way to measure engagement. Clicking on a link is a good indicator someone is likely to convert.
- Shares – Likes are good, shares are better. It's a sign that readers are willing to recommend your brand to their friends. A good indicator of social proof.
- Lead Conversion Rate – Indicates how many leads end up buying. Social media efforts should increase this number over time.
- Cost Per Lead – This metric measures ROI. Social media is effective because it builds relationships and generates authority for your brand. Your CPL should go down over time if your efforts are successful.
These are only a few examples of KPIs to track. The data you choose to analyze depends on your business needs. Effectively using analytics to track social media reach and engagement can help you to grow your business.
You may have seen other companies’ blogs on their websites and wondered if your company should have a blog too. The short answer is yes! Blogs can be a valuable addition to your website for many reasons.
Today, online marketing has created a super informed buyer that may need to know more than just features and price to buy from you. Consumers are savvy and aren't interested in being “sold.” They seek information and are looking for solutions. Old school sales pitches tend to focus on the seller – their company, capabilities and the accolades they've received. If you want to increase your sales, ditch the pitch and tell prospects your story.
The word “vacation” conjures images of sandy beaches and time spent relaxing, but for many of us vacation remains a dream rather than a reality. In 2017, workers used less than half of their paid vacation time, amounting to 212 million days of vacation time lost. This trend is hurting us, both personally and professionally.
Thanks to the Internet, consumers are more informed than ever before when making a purchase decision. The most successful salespeople understand that today's consumers have access to a wealth of information at their fingertips and are creating an online presence to meet prospective customers where they are: social media.
If your business has limited capital and manpower, social media can provide a cost-effective means for getting your message out to promote your brand with the right audience.
The start of a new year offers a clean slate and provides the perfect opportunity to establish personal and professional goals. Remember if, you’re looking at your customers on LinkedIn, chances are they are looking at you too!