We often talk about ways to be more effective with your inbound marketing efforts; however, just as important as implementing a well-devised plan is measuring your success. Fortunately, there are a number of social media tracking tools available to track and analyze your various web and social metrics. In a recent article in The Globe and Mail, some successful young entrepreneurs outlined some of the their favorite social media tracking tools, and we wanted to share a few with you below:
- Infusionsoft Analytics: For those that already use Infusionsoft marketing software, this analytics tool is very precise in not only measuring clicks and hits, but also contacts using multiple devices, sources of leads, and customer conversion rates.
- Google Analytics: Previously known for its web analytics, recent enhancements also make this a powerful tool for measuring social metrics and real time metrics. Not only is this tool user friendly, but it's also free.
- Social Metrics Pro: With the constant changes to the way that search engines rank content, this social metrics tool is up-to-date with Google's SEO changes and can help you to most effectively measure your social media efforts.
- Social Mention: This free website allows users to search content across the web to measure the impact of keywords. It will provide you with the strength, passion, and reach for the keyword or phrase that you type in as well as top users and keywords related to your search.
- Engage 121: This tool offers users a number of capabilities for tracking and measuring on a number of platforms. Social media experts advise users to be well planned and organized before using this tool, as it can be overwhelming to some users.
- Sprout Social: This social tool is ideal for monitoring social conversations and gaining a better understanding of who your followers are, and learn which updates and posts are performing the best.
- KISSmetrics: While most social measuring tools focus on online visits, KISSmetrics focuses on the behavior of people and the actions that they take. For this reason, this tool is incredibly effective at managing the sales funnel, and several entrepreneurs have attributed this tool to helping their bottom line.
- Mongoose Metrics: If your business receives a lot of leads over the phone, this tool is for you. Mongoose Metrics offers users the ability to integrate Google Analytics with phone leads to track these leads back to their initial source.
In order to be successful with your social media marketing strategy, you need to be able to measure your results. These social media tracking tools have proven to be very powerful resources for some of the world's most respected young entrepreneurs, and they could be very beneficial for your business to take advantage of as well.
Have you had an opportunity to try out any of these social media tracking tools? Have we left any tracking tools off of this list that should be included?
Click here for your free e-book on the 3 must-haves for social media accounts: