Today it’s commonplace for consumers to purchase products and services online rather than visit a brick-and-mortar store. Furthermore, 81 percent of consumers are turning to the Internet to research products and services before making a purchase decision. Considering these powerful statistics, your business can't afford to not have an online presence.
81 percent of consumers are turning to the Internet to research products and services before making a purchase decision. [Click to Tweet]
Digital marketing is a term that encompasses all of your online marketing efforts. It can provide your business with a cost-effective solution to attract and engage a targeted audience and connect with them at a deeper level. Understanding the positive impact that an online presence offers, 70 percent of small businesses are planning to increase their digital marketing spend in 2017.
Here are the top 5 ways that digital marketing can help you grow your business:
- Delivers more conversions. Different than traditional media channels, digital marketing allows businesses to use metrics to track the success of their campaigns and make tweaks when necessary. By proactively benchmarking the success of marketing campaigns, businesses are able to more effectively move leads through the sales funnel, resulting in more conversions.
- Generates higher revenue. Digital marketing leads to more conversions, ultimately generating more revenue for your business. Companies that embrace digital marketing have 2.8 times better revenue expectancy.
- Facilitates interaction with your target audience. Digital marketing creates a two-way conversation between your business and your target audience. This real-time engagement with your audience leads to a better customer experience, more opportunities to cross-sell products and services, and a loyal base of customers.
- Caters to mobile consumers. Did you know that 91 percent of consumers keep their mobile devices within arm's length? Today's consumers are heavily dependent on their mobile devices and use them to research products and services online. In fact, more than half of all online searches are now performed using a mobile device.
- Strengthens your reputation. What is being said about your business online has become the new word-of-mouth. Research reveals that 88 percent of consumers trust online reviews just as much as a personal recommendation from a friend. An effective digital marketing strategy will allow you to connect and engage with loyal customers and build ambassadors for your brand.
In short, digital marketing is essential to the survival of your business. Contact us to learn how you can use digital marketing to attract the right kind of people to get the right kind of results.